Ecommerce has become an essential part of the modern business landscape, allowing companies to reach a global audience and increase their revenue streams. However, navigating the world of ecommerce can be challenging, especially with the plethora of tools available. In this blog, we will discuss seven ecommerce tools that will surely help you to build Shopify store.
These tools will aid you in optimizing your website for conversions and enhancing your marketing efforts. Whether you are a set business or just beginning, these tools can help take your ecommerce game to the next level.
But first, let’s discuss what actual eCommerce tools are.
What Are Ecommerce Tools?
Ecommerce tools are software like apps, platforms, and plugins that help company owners to handle their online stores.
There are many eCommerce tools available, each with the same goal of making it simpler to manage and grow your business by automating and organizing various processes. Examples include drag-and-drop website builders, inventory management software, analytics tools, and more.
Why Are Ecommerce Tools Essential?
Developing mobile apps and shopping carts from scratch can be a tedious and costly process. However, incorporating a comprehensive set of ecommerce tools can help streamline the process, manage your online store efficiently, and keep expenses low. These beneficial tools include:
- Building and hosting an online store: Ecommerce tools are the fundamental building blocks of any online store. Ecommerce platforms offer tools such as website builders to create visually appealing online stores and web hosting. It enables customers to access and shop on the site.
- Analytics tools: Analytics tools aid in identifying what works and what doesn’t. Google Analytics is a tool that enables the tracking of crucial performance metrics and offers insights into profitability. In addition, SEO analytics can help boost traffic to your ecommerce store by enhancing ranking and visibility on search engines.
- Day-to-day operation tools: Running an online store involves monitoring various moving parts. Ecommerce business owners can use helpful tools to organize daily business operations and cater to organizational requirements.
- Marketing tools: Marketing campaigns are critical in establishing brand identity, increasing traffic, and converting leads into repeat customers. The right marketing tools enable online businesses to track campaign effectiveness, automate content creation, and maintain relationships with customers via email, social media, and even a dedicated blog.
- Tools for customer service: By utilizing customer service tools, online stores can take care of their customers and guide them throughout their entire shopping experience.
7 Types of Ecommerce Tools To Build Shopify Store
There are multiple ways to create, manage, and increase your eCommerce website. Here are seven types of ecommerce tools that are most commonly used by online businesses.
So, let’s discuss them one by one!!
The crucial step to setting up an eCommerce store is selecting the right ecommerce platform. An ecommerce platform refers to the software that an eCommerce store utilizes to manage its core operations, ranging from product displays to order fulfillment. Several ecommerce platforms are available in the market, including Shopify and Wix, Big Commerce, Big Cartel, and many more.
- Shopify: Shopify is an eCommerce platform that provides a comprehensive range of ecommerce tools, such as website builders, marketing tools, shopping carts, and multi-channel selling.
- Wix: Wix is a website builder offering basic ecommerce functionalities like customizable templates, web hosting, domain name registration, order tracking, and online payment acceptance. However, you may be required to invest in additional plugins or opt for a different ecommerce platform for more advanced features.
- Big Commerce: It is an ecommerce platform that caters to enterprise businesses by offering web hosting, customizable options, SEO analytics tools, and multi-channel selling. However, some of its tools may not be as user-friendly or flexible as other options available for small businesses.
- Big Cartel: Big Cartel is an ecommerce platform designed specifically for artists and creatives. It provides customizable templates, domain name registration, and essential marketing tools. Although it can be a great starting point for an online business, payment and integration options are limited, and pricing is based on the number of products sold at a time.
- Squarespace: It is primarily a website builder that can be used as an ecommerce platform. Once you enable certain features by paying for them, the platform offers inventory management tools and a Shopify Buy Button to streamline sales.
Communication and internal organization
Ecommerce tools can offer various benefits to build Shopify store, such as providing a dedicated space for internal communication and streamlining project management tasks.
- Slack: Slack is a messaging platform that facilitates real-time communication between employees, helping remote workers become more productive by staying organized and managing tasks efficiently.
- Coda: Coda is a powerful tool that assists in managing different aspects of a business, including marketing calendars and tracking documents. It is highly customizable and editable, making it an ideal tool for organizing internal projects. Additionally, Coda offers a Shopify pack that integrates with your store, helping you build Shopify store conveniently.
Making content for an ecommerce site is the best method to increase visibility.
- Canva: Canva is a helpful ecommerce tool that helps teams create visually appealing designs, even without prior experience. Whether you need to design a brand identity or create supportive imagery for your online store, Canvas drag-and-drop tools make it easier to create and share well-designed assets.
- WordPress: For ecommerce websites that need a dedicated blog, WordPress can be a valuable content management system. It can assist in developing a blogging strategy that nurtures customer relationships, establishes a brand, and generates recurring traffic.
There are a plethora of marketing tools, some of them are:
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp can help you create effective email campaigns by designing and sending customized messages to your specific audience. With various templates and layouts to select from, you can make multiple efforts. Additionally, you can track important metrics to identify areas that need improvement and optimize your performance. Another great tool for successful email campaigns is Omnisend.
- Buffer: Establishing a social media presence is an easy way to boost your online store’s visibility. It is an easy-to-use social media management platform that makes the process simple. It’s a straightforward ecommerce tool that allows online stores to schedule social media content through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc., in advance.
- Constant Contact: Constant Contact is also a marketing tool that is famous for its email marketing services. It is a user-friendly platform that could be perfect for new business owners because it can allow online businesses to create and manage email lists, track outgoing emails, and much more. All in all, it can enable you to grow your business.
Having a reliable customer service platform is a crucial element for any ecommerce business. It helps create a good customer experience and encourages repeat business. Therefore, when considering a customer support tool, it’s essential to look for one that can effectively retain existing consumers while also attracting new ones.
- Acquire: It is a customer service platform that can help online stores provide efficient and high-quality customer support. It streamlines workflows and customer information for agents, providing a unified experience. Customer service representatives can easily access queries from all digital channels and resolve issues more efficiently.
- Zendesk: Zendesk is another popular customer support platform and ecommerce tool that simplifies the management of support tickets from different channels like social media, email, and chat. It also allows for the integration of live chat into Shopify-powered sites and enables easy access to relevant customer data. Troubleshooting support tickets is also faster with Zendesk.
Sales and logistics
There are various ecommerce platforms that offer fulfillment and inventory management tools for businesses. Some of them are integrated into the overall services provided by the platform, while others are stand-alone options. Two main stand-alone options are Shipwire and Veeqo.
- Veeqo: Veeqo is a one-stop shop for order fulfillment that offers inventory management tools for ecommerce websites. It provides real-time inventory updates, order management, reporting, and forecasting tools to help you build Shopify store.
- Shipwire: Shipwire is a platform that caters to direct-to-consumer, retail, and dropship channels. It integrates with your existing shopping cart and marketplace, providing logistical support and facilitating national and international shipping.
Ecommerce analytics are valuable tools that provide insights into user behavior, performance trends, and ROI. By utilizing the right tool, businesses can make informed decisions that have the potential to increase sales and reduce costs.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is one such ecommerce tool that allows businesses to gather insights about returning visitors, traffic sources, and visitor engagement with products in real-time.
- Optimizely: Optimizely enables businesses to experiment with A/B testing and deliver personalized messaging to ecommerce site visitors. By analyzing the data from these experiments, businesses can identify effective content that is more likely to convert customers.
eCommerce tools are crucial for businesses of all sizes to grow and succeed in the online marketplace. By leveraging the right tools, you can streamline your operations, improve customer experience, increase online visibility, and grow your business.
From website builders and shopping carts to marketing automation and analytics tools, a variety of eCommerce tools are available to help you achieve your goals. By investing in the best tools and staying up-to-date with the new trends and technologies, you can stay competitive and thrive in the fast-paced world of eCommerce. If you need any help to take your business to a new height, feel free to contact us!