If you plan to put your business online, you’ll face unique challenges that differ from owning a physical store. One of the primary obstacles is creating an online store, such as a Shopify eCommerce website. In addition, you might wonder how to begin developing the custom Shopify website design and what the cost will be. Whether you want to build a new eCommerce startup website, improve your current site’s effectiveness, or make it more responsive, we’re here to help. In this write-up, we have mentioned some ways to develop your website.
3 Top Ways To Get Started With Developing Your Custom Shopify Website Design
1. Choose a freelance web designer.
The approach here does not entail hiring a whole team to work for you. Instead, you bring on board a collaborator who will help you achieve your website objectives. This person will be your partner and an addition to your team.
Finding the right freelance web designer can be tough if you lack a background in web design. In this case, seek out someone who is willing to assist you patiently throughout the entire process.
Furthermore, when you commence the project, ensure that they comprehend your goals and the constraints of the project to avoid being overcharged.
2. Pick a reputable custom Shopify website design company.
To choose a custom Shopify website design company, consider the following:
- Consider your website requirements: One of the essential things is to decide your business requirements. For example, are you in need of an eCommerce website? Are you interested in enabling online bookings? How many pages do you require for your site?
- Decide your budget: Before hiring a Shopify web designer, determine your budget. There are many options, and prices can vary. Some designers may not have their pricing listed on their websites. You will need to provide your initial needs to receive a cost estimate. Hire the one Shopify development company that is under your budget.
- Check the company’s portfolios and results: To choose the best web design company, check their portfolios and testimonials. When browsing for ideas or approaches that appeal to you, note any recognizable brands or businesses. Click through to their previous clients’ websites and explore how it feels to navigate as a user.
- Read reviews and testimonials: To ensure you hire a reputable designer, look for reviews and testimonials from previous clients. Additionally, verify the legitimacy of the client’s businesses and visit their websites. Checking the web designer’s social media profiles can also provide helpful information, such as star ratings and comments. Social media is an open forum that can give insight into how the business is perceived.
- Give them a call or email: One of the best ways to know a business is to get in touch with them. So call or email them to ask questions about their customer service, how many years of experience they have, and many more. Then, if you get all the good responses after contact, go for a video call or visit to get them better and discuss your business requirements in more detail.
3. DIY website development using a template.
If you go to Shopify, you can effortlessly create an online store on your own. Shopify offers plenty of customizable themes that you can select from its libraries. It is cost-effective to develop your website, regardless of your experience in website development. With Shopify, website creation is a simple, user-friendly process.
However, one downside to using pre-made themes is that you have limited options for customization, as you can only use what’s already available. This can lead to wasting time searching for plugins and add-ons that are not available. If you have the budget, you should seek a knowledgeable designer on the platform you’re using.
Agencies like Nivara can help you customize your DIY site at an affordable price rather than create an original website from scratch.
7 Essential Tips To Make A Website
Below, we will mention some tips on creating a website:
1. Choose the right domain name.
The domain name is a web address, which is the entry point of your website. Well, a domain name is your identity on the web and is the first impression of your business or brand. Therefore, you must pick a unique domain name that influences how your target consumers find and remember you. Below are essential tips for selecting the best domain name :
- Use a proper domain extension.
- Do not use hyphens, double letters, or numbers.
- Use relevant keywords for SEO purposes.
- Find out which is memorable.
- Explore the domain name to avoid infringing on another brand’s website name.
- Be careful when buying a website name.
2. Make your website mobile responsive.
Mobile responsiveness is essential for a site to be effective. Nowadays, many adults spend their time on mobile phones and prefer to do their shopping via phones. This is why your website must also provide a positive user experience.
If someone visits your website but finds it difficult to read and navigate on mobile phones, then they may abandon you as a competitor.
In addition, a negative user experience impacts your website’s search engine ranking and makes it hard for users to find through a Google search.
3 Place your contact information above the fold.
If your business heavily relies on customer inquiries and sales calls, it is essential to make it easy for customers to contact you. To improve accessibility, ensure your contact details are visible on the homepage, preferably at the top. This will save visitors from the hassle of searching for contact information.
In addition, if you use social media to connect with customers, make sure to add links to your social media accounts in the website header or footer for easy access.
4. Ensure your site is easy to navigate.
When users visit a website, they usually expect to find the information they need quickly. If they can’t find it within a few seconds, they may become frustrated and go to a competitor’s website instead. To help your website be more discoverable in search results, search engines like Google use robots to scan web pages and catalog them. Therefore, it’s essential to ensure your website is easy to navigate and that the value of your content is clear to these bots.
5. Reduce the page loading speed.
The time your website takes to load significantly impacts your website ranking and visitor retention. Search engines like Google only rank sites with fast loading speeds, and 50-60% of users can leave your site if it takes more time to open.
To guarantee that your website operates efficiently and quickens page-loading time, optimizing images and videos for faster downloads, utilizing web-safe fonts, eliminating unnecessary plugins and add-ons, minimizing redirects, and keeping software up-to-date are essential.
Additionally, make sure to select a website host that can handle both current and future bandwidth demands.
6. Have a call to action.
A call to action prompts your website visitors to take a specific action. Call-to-action (CTAs) come in the form of buttons that indicate a course of action, such as “buy now,” “Subscribe,” “get started,” “learn more,” or “sign up for free.”
Without a call to action, your website is just another source of information. As a result, visitors may be confused about using the information they have gathered from your site. To avoid confusion, place your website’s CTA at the top of your homepage.
7. Keep your custom Shopify website design simple and unique.
Many people think using costly themes will help to grab the target audience’s attention and make a successful website. But this is not true. In order to ensure users understand your website’s primary message, it is recommended to minimize the use of bright colors, fancy fonts, and GIFs.
Instead, use bullet points and short paragraphs to make your website easy to scan. Remember that simplicity is vital, and a minimalist design can still be visually appealing. If you need help with creating a simple, mobile-friendly design, consider seeking professional web design services.
Getting started with building your custom Shopify website design can be a challenging task, but it doesn’t have to be. By following the top three ways we have discussed, you can create a solid foundation for your website. These include choosing a website builder that suits your needs and budget, planning your website’s structure and content, and optimizing your website for search engines and mobile devices. With these steps, you’ll be well on your way to creating a successful and effective website that meets your goals and objectives.